I adapted this recipe just a little to make it healthier and to work with what we had at home. We all really liked it and decided it is a good way to use up some fresh veggies before they go bad, and the whole thing came together in under half an hour.
Creamy One Pot Pasta adapted from The Cooking Nurse, originally from Pampered Chef
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 t olive oil
- 20 oz low sodium chicken broth + 20 oz water
- 1 box whole wheat linguine
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 bag frozen broccoli cuts (I forgot to buy fresh, but that would be better)
- 1/2 10 oz jar sun dried tomatoes
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes
Peel the carrots & zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces. If using fresh broccoli, cut the florets as well. Pat the tomatoes dry and slice, cube the cream cheese. Once the pasta cooks, add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat and stir until the vegetables are cooked through. Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes.