I'm pretty sure this will be our new go-to lasagna recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 yellow squash, diced into small pieces
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped fine
- ground cloves, to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock (note: you can sub in 1 cup white wine...but I didn't want to give mine up)
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 2 rounded T flour
- 2 cups milk (I suggest using whole since my sauce never really thickened the way it should)
- nutmeg, to taste
- shredded mozzarella & parmesan cheese
In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and then milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and season with nutmeg, salt & pepper.
Stir the cooked pasta with the beef mixture and pour into a greased 9*13 dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the top and sprinkle with the cheeses. Broil in the oven until the cheeses have melted and browned.