Friday, September 24, 2010

Chicken & Spinach Pasta

When I joined WW last week I spent some time looking for easy recipes to cook and plugging the ingredients into WW to get a points value.  This was the first recipe I tried and all three of us loved it.  Yes, I gave Cooper a few bites both nights we had this for dinner.

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake adapted from MyRecipes.com
  • 8oz uncooked whole wheat penne
  • 1  T  olive oil
  • 1  cup chopped onion
  • 1  10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 3  cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1  14.5oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes
  • 1  8oz container light chive-and-onion cream cheese
  • 1/2  t salt
  • 1/2  t  pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375.  Cook pasta according to the package.  Saute onions in olive oil until tender.  I actually cooked the chicken & onions together.  Transfer chicken & onions to a bowl.  Drain spinach and add to chicken.  Stir in pasta, cream cheese, tomatoes, salt & pepper.  Stir well and spoon into a 9*13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese, cover and bake for 30 minutes.  Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.

Next time I will make a point to spread the spinach out a little more.  Some bites were all spinach and others...not so much.  I think I could also add another can of tomatoes to add a little more veggies.

6 Servings, WW points: 7 UPDATED 3/2011 - 9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment