Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting back to what I love

When I started my blog it was supposed to be a "cooking blog."  I hoped that it would help me cook different things and get out of the same old thing rut.  It worked...for a while.  Then I would forget to take photos.  And we'd have something easy like hot dogs or hamburgers and really, who needs a picture of that?  Then I got pregnant and we were in the middle of finishing grad school, putting together the nursery and just trying to get our lives in order in general before Cooper came.  The result of that was more hot dogs and hamburgers.  And the blog just sort of morphed into stuff about us.  I really hoped to keep blogging about cooking and it just didn't happen.

I didn't do the cooking.  And now we're back in that 'same old thing' rut.  At least, that's how I feel.  I haven't baked since before Cooper was born.  Hello - he'll be 9 months next week! (WTH is that all about???)  I love baking.  I love cooking.  Now all I seem to cook is applesauce. Although, I'm a darn good baby food maker.

So, look for posts about food and recipes.  And dieting.  Because (although its not something I love) I'm back at that again also.  The free breastfeeding diet has ended and well, I'm just not the kind of person who can live life not on a diet (read: eating whatever I want) and not pay the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment