Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Monday I took the plunge and rejoined Weight Watchers.  I've done it before a few times and when I do it right (because sometimes we all cheat) I do well.  So, here we go again.  I have some goals in my head of where I want to be.  Some are numerical and some are in the form of a certain dress...or pair of pants...that have been hanging in the back of the closet for far too long.

So, Monday night after Cooper's bath I headed to Kroger.  Jason went over the weekend and picked up a few things for me, but I needed to make one more trip to round out the week.  And in the process, I realized that I've completely forgotten how much I love grocery shopping.

First, I'm freak about shopping.  I always park on the same side of the store and start with the produce.  Which is on the opposite side of the store.  It drives me crazy when Jason parks on the produce side.  Then I go from produce to frozen foods, up and down each aisle.  Not that I always need something on each aisle, but you never know!  The problem with Cooper is that he makes it too the paper goods aisle and then he's over the grocery store.  Last trip I bought a roll of paper towels just to keep him happy.  And that usually means we rush through frozen foods and totally skip the pre-packaged deli stuff.

I was able to take my time, calculate points for one brand over another and only buy what I need.  I know - I'm a freak.  The grocery store can be very boring for some and for others it is just a pain in the...  But it's my happy place.

Next to Barnes & Noble and Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment