Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cluck cluck

Any day now I feel like I may sprout feathers and start clucking.  We're eating a LOT of chicken these days.  It's healthy, easy to prepare and can be used a hundred different ways.  I buy a huge package of chicken breasts or tenderloins each week and either use them in a recipe (like the previous post) or I grill the whole package for tacos, salads, sandwiches...you name it.  Plus, Cooper seems to be a huge fan of chicken.  Veggies...not so much these days.  But chicken...doesn't stand a chance.

This week I marinated some chicken and Jason threw it on the grill Sunday afternoon.  And OMG was it so freaking good!  You know those parties you get invited to and think "what the heck am I going to buy at this party?"  I always want to go.  I like getting to visit with friends, see the products, and of course the hostess usually has a wide variety of snacks.  I like snacks.

Earlier this year I went to a Homemade Gourmet party.  That was a first...but I like to cook.  Plus, I was given strict instructions to bring Cooper.  He was so tiny then!  And stationary...Anyway, I bought a few things - mostly dip mix type things.  But I also grabbed the Cilantro Citrus marinade.  I added the olive oil as directed and put the chicken in the fridge overnight.  The outside of the chicken charred a bit because of the oil, but we like it that way.

Since we've been cooking quite a bit of chicken I tend to try a mix it up a bit with the marinade - adding in a variety of flavors each time to see what I can come up with.  This was by far the best.  Just try it - trust me, you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment